Luther advises financial consultancy firm Firstwaters on its takeover by the Be Group

Hamburg/Hanover – The Be Group (Be Shaping The Future S.p.A.) has acquired 86% of Firstwaters GmbH, one of the leading management consultancy firms for corporate & investment banking. Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft advised the shareholders of Firstwaters on the company’s sale to the Be Group.


The Italian Be Group is one of the leading European consultancies for the financial services sector. With the acquisition of Firstwaters, the Italian company has been able to secure further market shares in Germany. In this new constellation, Firstwaters will use the joint potential and synergies within the Be Group to further develop its already successful business model.

The Be Group has acquired an initial 86% of the shares in Firstwaters, with the option to acquire the remaining 14% in the near future.

Firstwaters was founded in 2000 and is a recognised specialist with a proven track record of successfully implementing business, transformation and system integration projects in the field of digital transformation for banks and financial service providers.

On behalf of Firstwaters GmbH:

Luther, Corporate/M&A: Dr Jörgen Tielmann (Partner) and Dr Joachim Heinemann (Senior Associate) - both Lead, Dr Karl von Hase (Italian Desk)

Luther, Employment Law: Martina Ziffels (Counsel) and Joschka Pietzsch (Associate)

Luther, IP/IT: Dominik Menhaj (Senior Associate)