Luther advises the Polish corporation Wielton S.A. on the takeover of the Langendorf Group

Press Release


Stuttgart – Die polnische Wielton S.A., ein führender europäischer Hersteller von Sattelanhängern, übernimmt die Anteile der deutschen Langendorf GmbH vollständig. Bei der Transaktion wurde die Wielton S.A. umfassend durch die Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft beraten.


Wielton S.A. had already held 80% of the shares in the German manufacturer of special transport vehicles based in Waltrop (North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany) since 2017. An agreement to acquire the remaining 20% was concluded at the beginning of November 2020. The takeover will become effective in 2025.

About Wielton S.A.:

Wielton S.A., based in Wieluń (Poland), is a manufacturer of semi-trailers, trailers and chassis. The company, which is listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, is one of the three largest companies in this sector in Europe and one of the ten largest companies in this sector worldwide. The Group currently employs over 3,500 people. Its customers are transport, construction, production, distribution and agricultural companies. The Wielton Group manufactures in Poland, France, Germany, Italy and Russia.

On behalf of Wielton S.A.:

Luther, Corporate/M&A: Dr Thomas Kuhnle (Partner, Lead), Michael Ströbel, LL.M. (Senior Associate), Rares Holonec (Associate)