Prof. Dr. Hans-Georg Hahn
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Berliner Allee 26
Phone +49 511 5458 17647
Fax +49 511 5458 110
Languages: English, German
Prof. Dr. Hans-Georg Hahn was born in 1960. After studying law in Göttingen, Germany, he received his doctorate in product liability law under Prof. Diederichsen. He followed his studies with work as an Assistant to the Board of Directors at a German insurance group. He was admitted to the bar in 1991 and joined the Legal and Tax Department of Arthur Andersen in Hanover in 1993. He was admitted to practice as a tax advisor in 1997 and joined Luther’s predecessor firm in 2000.
Prof. Dr. Hahn provides legal assistance in national and international acquisitions and corporate sales, complex due diligences post-merger integrations, as well as MBOs/MBIs. He also specializes in restructuring privately owned companies and public organizations. In dealing with public authorities, he mainly assists in drafting complex competitive bidding procedures and in accompanying privatizations and the formation of strategic partnerships. In summary, Prof. Dr. Hans-Georg Hahn's main areas of expertise include corporate law (limited liability companies, stock companies, and group law), as well as tax law.
- Revell AG: comprehensive legal assistance during the squeeze-out process
- TÜV NORD AG: legal counsel in all national and international acquisitions and joint ventures, including due diligence
- A French investment group: legal advice during the purchase of shares in a German nursing home group, including due diligence
- University Clinics in Giessen and Marburg: comprehensive legal counsel during the first privatization of university clinics
- Federal Republic of Germany, Deutsche Bahn AG, State of Lower Saxony: comprehensive assistance during the competitive bidding procedures for the privatization of the Ost Hannoversche Eisenbahn AG
- State of Lower Saxony: comprehensive counsel during the competitive bidding process for the privatization of the Spielbanken Niedersachsen GmbH, a state-owned gambling establishment