Certified Specialist in public procurement law
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Grimmaische Straße 25
Phone +49 341 5299 0
Fax +49 341 5299 110
Languages: German, English
Karsten Köhler was born in 1973. After studying law at the University of Leipzig (Germany) and completing his legal training in Saxony, he was admitted to the German Bar in 2001 and joined Luther (or its respective predecessor firm) the same year. Since 2002, he has been a permanent member of staff of Vergaberecht, a magazine on public procurement law. Karsten Köhler became a certified specialist in public procurement law in September 2016. He is a frequent lecturer at public procurement law seminars.
- forum vergabe e.V.
- DVNW Deutsches Vergabenetzwerk
- SDWC Schweizerisch-Deutscher Wirtschaftsclub e.V.
Karsten Köhler advises public-sector companies on matters pertaining to public procurement and contract law in connection with the implementation of complex public procurement projects. He particularly focuses on providing assistance with plant construction projects in the energy industry (e.g. gas turbine and gas engine power plants) and on advising the housing industry on large investments (projects regarding the construction of new buildings, broadband cable projects, public procurement advice).
- Since 2004, comprehensive public procurement and contract law advice and assistance in connection with the construction of new/structural alterations to existing power plants, including gas engine and gas turbine power plants, amongst other things, for public utilities/generation companies (total investment/planned > €800m)
- Since 2009, advice to more than 20 leading housing companies on the restructuring of, and the award of contracts for, the supply of broadband cable to several hundred thousand housing units
- Public procurement law advice and litigation services in large construction projects in the hospital sector (total investment/planned > €500m, 2013-2019)
- Assistance with municipal infrastructure projects, including the construction of eight new school buildings (total investment/planned > €200m, 2017-2019)
- Strategic legal advice and conducting of arbitration proceedings in connection with a publicly subsidised plant construction project (€60m, 2010-2019)
- Legal assistance with the award of approximately 30 concessions regarding electricity, gas, water/waste water and district heat (2010-2019)