Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
An der Welle 10
60322 Frankfurt a.M.
Phone +49 69 27229 24875
Fax +49 69 27229 110
Languages: German, English
Ingo Wegerich studied law at the University of Hamburg, Germany, and also successfully completed supplementary studies in business law. From 2002 to 2013, he worked for various renowned law firms in the field of capital markets law. In 2013, Ingo Wegerich joined Luther as a partner.
Ingo Wegerich is frequently invited to speak as an expert on capital markets law topics at lectures and other events, both in Germany and abroad, and has published numerous articles in financial newspapers and specialist journals.
Ingo Wegerich is President of the Association of Capital-Market-Oriented Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises e.V. (“Interessenverband Kapitalmarkt KMU”). The Frankfurt/Main-based Association, which was founded on 30 August 2017, is particularly committed to improving the relevant framework conditions for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in capital market financing. Its members are SMEs, service providers, financial institutions and media companies. The Association has repeatedly been able to influence the legislative process in the interest of capital-market-oriented SMEs. More than 100 Board members of capital-market-oriented enterprises have participated in a petition and collection of signatures to amend the German Securities Prospectus Act. The petition has led to an amendment to the Act allowing rights issues worth up to EUR 8 million to be carried out without a prospectus. This is the first time in the history of German capital market law that a petition and collection of signatures has been used to influence the legislative process.
Ingo Wegerich has many years of experience in the field of capital markets law. He comprehensively advises banks and issuers on capital markets and derivatives transactions (securitised derivatives and OTC derivatives), including related regulatory law issues. He specialises in the preparation of various kinds of debt issuances programmes (inter alia, EMTN, covered bond programmes, structured notes programmes), amongst other things, and advises on the issue (and refinancing) of bonds, including the listing and the follow-up obligations, as well as on transactions regarding registered bonds and bonded loans. With regard to the impending changes to various regulations at the European level, he advises market participants on the implementation of MiFID II, EMIR, PRIIPs, the Market Abuse Regulation and the Capital Markets Union.
- Legal advice to the major French bank Société Générale on securitised derivatives and structured products for more than 15 years now
- Legal advice to the Stuttgart Stock Exchange concerning its well-known security “EUWAX Gold” for more than 5 years now
- Legal advice to Commerzbank on the update and revised version of its CFD documentation for financial intermediaries and retail clients
- Preparation of legal opinions on behalf of the CFD Association for submission to the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) and the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) in the context of planned product intervention measures on CFDs
- Preparation of a variety (three-digit number) of debt issuance programmes, base prospectuses and prospectuses for notes for the major French bank Société Générale
- Legal advice to Euroboden on a corporate bond issue, preparation of the securities prospectus and structuring of the terms and conditions for the bonds applying completely new transparency criteria, which were much reported on in the German financial press (Börsen-Zeitung)
- Legal advice to the municipal housing association GBG - Mannheim on the issuance of a large-volume bonded loan in the amount of EUR 100 million
- Legal advice on a large number of corporate bonds and on the preparation of the securities prospectuses with approval by the Luxembourg supervisory authority Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF)
- Legal advice to a renowned major European bank with 17 million customers on its market entry in Germany (retail products); preparation of numerous complex legal opinions on base prospectuses under foreign law that were notified by the competent Luxembourg authorities with regard to their compatibility with German law
- Legal advice to Lang & Schwarz concerning its well-known wikifolio certificates
- Legal advice concerning the installation of a major crowd-funding platform and on-going legal advice to this platform
- Legal advice to a renowned major German bank on draw-downs under debt issuance programmes and on drafting retail documents
- Legal advice to a renowned major international bank on draw-downs under debt issuance programmes and the preparation of product information sheets
- Legal advice to a German state bank on the preparation of product information sheets and information and advertising material