Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
An der Welle 10
60322 Frankfurt a.M.
Phone +49 69 27229 24875
Fax +49 69 27229 110
Languages: German, English
Ingo Wegerich studied law at the University of Hamburg, Germany, and also successfully completed supplementary studies in business law. From 2002 to 2013, he worked for various renowned law firms in the field of capital markets law. In 2013, Ingo Wegerich joined Luther as a partner.
He is frequently invited to speak as an expert concerning capital markets law topics at lectures and other events, both in Germany and abroad, and has published numerous articles in financial newspapers and specialist journals.
Ingo Wegerich has many years of experience in the field of capital markets law.
He comprehensively advises banks and issuers on capital markets and derivatives transactions (securitised derivatives and OTC derivatives) including regulatory law issues. He specialises in the preparation of various kinds of debt issuances programmes (inter alia, EMTN, covered bond programmes, structured notes programmes), amongst other things, and advises on the issue (and refinancing) of bonds including the listing and the follow-up obligations, as well as on transactions regarding registered bonds and bonded loans.
With regard to the changes to various regulations at the pan-European level, he advises market participants on the implementation of MiFID II, EMIR, PRIIPs, the Market Abuse Regulation and the Capital Markets Union.
- Legal advice to the major French bank Société Générale on securitised derivatives and structured products for more than 15 years now
- Legal advice to the Stuttgart Stock Exchange concerning its well-known security “EUWAX Gold” for more than 5 years now
- Legal advice to Commerzbank on the update and revised version of its CFD documentation for financial intermediaries and retail clients
- Legal advice to Lang & Schwarz concerning its well-known wikifolio certificates
- Preparation of various debt issuance programmes and base prospectuses for structured notes (three-digit) for the major French bank Société Générale
- Legal advice on bondholder meetings according to the German Bond Act for a renowned major international bank concerning the restructuring of its bonds
- Legal advice to a renowned major European bank with 17 million customers on its market entry in Germany (retail products); preparing numerous complex legal opinions on base prospectuses under foreign law that were notified by the competent Luxembourg authorities with regard to their compatibility with German law
- Legal advice to a renowned major German bank on draw-downs under debt issuance programmes and on drafting retail documents
- Legal advice to a renowned major international bank on draw-downs under debt issuance programmes and the preparation of product information sheets
- Legal advice to a German state bank on the preparation of product information sheets and information and advertising material
- Legal advice concerning the installation of a major crowd-funding platform and on-going legal advice to this platform