Certified Specialist in employment law
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 211 5660 18772
Fax +49 211 5660 110
Languages: German, English
Hans-Christian Ackermann was born in 1962. He studied law at the Universities of Berlin and Cologne (Germany). His legal training at the Regional Court of Düsseldorf (Germany) included working for the Labour Court and the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf and for a renowned law firm in the USA. Hans-Christian Ackermann joined Luther (or its predecessor firm) in 1993. He is a certified specialist in employment law and heads Luther’s Düsseldorf office.
Hans-Christian Ackermann is, inter alia, a member of the employment law working group organised within the German Lawyers’ Association, the EELA (European Employment Lawyers Association) and the IBA (International Bar Association).
Hans-Christian Ackermann focusses on advising companies on all aspects of individual and collective employment law, particularly within the context of acquisitions, restructurings and outsourcing transactions, as well as with regard to company pension schemes. This includes conducting negotiations with works councils and trade unions. He further advises board members, managing directors and executive employees. In addition, Hans-Christian Ackermann lectures regularly on employment law topics at diverse seminars, conferences and training events on national and international level.
- Arjo Deutschland GmbH: comprehensive employment law advice in connection with various restructuring measures and negotiations with the works council
- Amazon Fulfillment Germany GmbH: on-going advice, litigation
- ZTE Services Deutschland GmbH: employment law advice during restructuring
- Makita Werkzeug GmbH: employment law advice, litigation and various restructuring measures
- Palfinger Platforms GmbH: on-going advice on all matters pertaining to employment law
- Dr. Hahn GmbH & Co. KG: assistance with and coordination of foreign cases, amongst other things
- Calvin Klein Germany / Tommy Hilfiger Group: employment law advice in connection with the integration of Calvin Klein
- Enovos International S. A. / bayernets GmbH: advice on the intended acquisition of Ferngas Nordbayern GmbH
- Advice to and representation of a logistics company operating internationally in connection with various disputes regarding works constitution law issues and proceedings before the arbitration committee
- Employment law advice during various privatisations, including negotiating respective collective bargaining agreements
- Employment law advice during various restructuring measures of a company operating worldwide in the automotive industry, including conducting negotiations with regard to a reconciliation of interests and social compensation plan
- Advice to various international groups (Telefonica, Gamesa, and Heineken, amongst others) on how to organise share plans