Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone + 49 221 9937 25680
Fax + 49 221 9937 110
Languages: German, English
Guido Dornieden was born in 1976. He studied law at the University of Cologne and completed part of his legal training in Sacramento (USA). He joined Luther (respectively its predecessor) in 2004.
Guido Dornieden specializes in litigation and arbitration, primarily those involving general economic law, product liability and distribution law. One of his main practice areas is advising German and foreign businesses within the automotive industry and the mechanical engineering sector – on the structuring of supply and distribution systems, the handling of crises due to safety critical product defects and on the enforcement of claims within the supply chain. Furthermore, he frequently represents clients in trials concerning attorney liability and D&O claims the latter in a team with colleagues specialised in corporate law.
- Representing a large Anglo-American law firm in court proceedings concerning claims for damages raised by a former CEO of Leica AG
- Representing a large German health insurance company against a former CEO in court proceedings concerning D&O liability
- Representing an American manufacturer of counter surveillance-products against administrative measures implemented by the Federal Network Agency
- Advising one of the leading European commercial vehicle, motor and machine engineering enterprises on the structuring of supply relationships for sourcing of products in Asia
- Worldwide operating manufacturer of tractors and agricultural machinery: Legal advice on all legal issues in (cross-border) supply and distribution relations, as well as in the area of product liability and product safety law
- Permanent representation of a globally operating American manufacturer of adhesives in product liability cases
- Asian power tool manufacturer : ongoing advice on product safety issues
- Representing a market leader in electronics/electricity transfer in international arbitration proceedings
- Various mechanical engineering companies: ongoing legal advice on all legal issues concerning the structuring of supply and distribution relationships (in particular concerning cross-border transactions) as well as on product liability and safety law