Dr. Thomas Thees
Certified Specialist in employment law
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
An der Welle 10
60322 Frankfurt a.M.
Phone +49 69 27229 27008
Fax +49 69 27229 110
Languages: German, English
- Areas of practice
- Employment law
Dr. Thomas Thees was born in 1963. From 1984 to 1988, he studied law at the Universities of Saarbrücken and Trier in Germany. This was followed by his legal traineeship from 1988 to 1991. During the period from 1991 to 1994, he worked as a research associate for the Employment Law Chair (Prof. Dr. Ehmann) and for the European Law Chair (Prof. Dr. Müller-Graff) of the University of Trier. In 1994, Dr. Thees received his doctorate from the University of Trier for a thesis on an employment law topic. In the same year, he was admitted to the bar in Frankfurt am Main. Dr. Thees joined Luther’s predecessor firm in 1997. He has been a specialist in employment law since 1998 and is head of the employment law service line in Frankfurt.
The focus of Dr. Thees' work is on advising companies on all issues regarding individual and collective employment law, particularly within the scope of acquisitions and restructurings including outsourcing and in the area of company pension plans. This includes negotiating with works councils and trade unions as well as litigating in the competent courts. In addition, Dr. Thees advises managers, directors and executives, and he lectures regularly at seminars and training events on employment law issues.
- Comprehensive advice on employment law issues rendered to a world market leader in the area of telecommunications equipment within the framework of acquisitions, restructuring and litigation
- Ongoing employment law advice and representation of a large, internationally operating accounting and consultancy firm, also in connection with various disputes concerning works constitution law
- Assistance in various privatisation and restructuring processes from an employment law viewpoint including negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- Assisting with employment law issues and conducting negotiations with employee representatives during corporate restructurings, including the formation of a European corporation (SE)
- Representation of a member of the management board of an international staff consulting firm in service agreement disputes before courts in several countries