Dr. Knut Unger
4 Battery Road
Bank of China Building, #25-01
Phone +65 6408 8007
Fax +65 6408 8001
Languages: German, English
Dr. Knut Unger was born in 1970. He studied law at the University of Jena and the University of Freiburg, where he simultaneously pursued his doctorate in Environmental Liability Law under Dr. Günter Hager. From 2001 to 2006, he worked at the Singapore office in a multi-disciplinary German law firm with a focus on international and cross-border legal transactions. He joined Luther in 2008.
Dr. Knut Unger primarily advises on European investment projects in Southeast Asia - such as - joint ventures, company buy-outs, and the structuring of corporate groups and distribution systems. His specialty lies in international transaction documentation and cross-border tax organization. Acting as an "external legal department", Dr. Unger is also a member of advisory boards for various German and Austrian investments in Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Extensive general legal support to the bank of a major German automotive supplier in Singapore
- Extensive general legal support to a major German bank in Singapore and Southeast Asia with regards to transactions, banking, and compliance
- Advice to a major Austrian petrochemical company during its investments in Singapore, Southeast Asia, and China
- Extensive general legal support to a major listed Austrian industrial holding for their own personally listed shares in Singapore
- General legal counsel of both mid-sized and large German companies and corporate groups during their investments in Singapore and Southeast Asia