Dr. Jörg Sommer, LL.M.
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
An der Welle 10
60322 Frankfurt a.M.
Phone +49 69 27229 24622
Fax +49 69 27229 110
Languages: German, English
Dr. Jörg Sommer was born in 1966. He studied law in Frankfurt am Main and received his doctorate from Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, in 1998. He also received an LL.M. from the University of Hong Kong in 1994. Dr. Jörg Sommer was admitted to the German Bar in 1996 and, between 1998 and 2000, worked as an in-house lawyer for a German oil company. He joined Luther in 2011.
Jörg Sommer advises on national and international share and asset deals and joint ventures. A particular focus of his work is the energy industry, including oil, gas and petro-chemistry as well as energy from renewable sources, such as water, solar and wind energy. He also advises companies in different sectors including the machine building industry on general corporate law issues and acquisitions. A further, geographical focus of his work is South and South East Asia.
- Advising Shell on the sale of two German refineries
- Advising an international mineral oil company on strategic options concerning its German refinery business
- Advising NorSun AS on the acquisition and liquidation of its shareholding in Sunfilm AG
- Advising an international oil company on the sale of its German subsidiaries
- Advising Ammann AG regarding the acquisition of Elba Maschinenbau GmbH
- Advising Ammann AG on setting up joint ventures in Turkey, India, Singapore and Russia
- Advising the Slovenian KD Group on the sale of investment companies
- Advising on the sale of a share in a Brazilian industrial company
- Advising Indian investors regarding their European acquisition projects