Dr. Holger Stappert
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 211 5660 24843
Fax +49 211 5660 110
Languages: German, English
Dr. Holger Stappert was born in 1968. He completed his legal education in Bielefeld and Bonn, Germany, from 1989 to 1995. After working in the legal department of the German American Chamber of Commerce in Atlanta, USA, he worked as a research assistant for the German Parliament from 1996 to 1998. Dr. Stappert was admitted to the German bar in 2001. He trained at the Federal Cartel Office (Bundeskartellamt) and at well-known commercial law firms.
Dr. Holger Stappert worked at the international law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer from 2001 to 2007. In 2005/2006, he was seconded to an international energy trader. He joined Luther as a partner in 2007 and heads the firm's Energy Sector Group at national level as well as within Luther’s international network of law firms.
Dr. Holger Stappert is a frequent publisher on current issues in antitrust and energy law and a regular speaker at seminars and specialist con-ferences. In addition, he is a member of the advisory board of the Cologne Institute of En-ergy Law (Institut für Energiewirtschaftsrecht - EWIR).
Dr. Holger Stappert is a member of the firm's practice group Antitrust Competition & Regulatory (ACR) and has always focussed on antitrust law, providing advice to clients during high-profile merger control, abuse of dominance and cartel proceedings at both a German and a European level. Dr. Holger Stappert also is an experienced specialist in all aspects of energy law.
- Hitachi Power Europe – advising on notification to the Federal Cartel Office (Bundeskartellamt) and coordinating the international merger control proceedings regarding the acquisition of Xervon Energy from Remondis
- City of Gelsenkirchen – advising on the invitation to tender for right to use the electricity and gas infrastructure
- E.ON edis / E.ON Avacon – advising on connecting biogas projects to the network
- Rethmann-Gruppe – EU merger control procedure and coordination of worldwide merger control procedures during the acquisition of ThyssenKrupp Xervon by Buchen Industrieservice
- ArcelorMittal – providing antitrust and energy law advice during the acquisition of Kokerei Prosper: the participation in Arsol Aromatics including EU merger procedure
- Remondis – providing energy and antitrust law advice during the tendering procedure for the acquisition of Evonik Steag
- E.ON Hanse – representing the company before the Federal Court of Justice in appellate proceedings regarding the failure to acknowledge load flow approvals when determining the maximum revenue within the framework of the revenue-cap regulations
- Gas Union – advising on the participation in a gas storage facility
- Operator of a long-distance gas distribution network – advising on the implementation of the independent transmission operator (ITO) model and the alternatives according to the EU's third internal energy package
- Swisspower Utilities – acquisition of a wind farm in Germany
- E.ON Avacon – representing the company before the Federal Court of Justice in appellate proceedings against the decision made by the Federal Network Agency (Bundesnetzagentur) in abuse of dominance proceedings
- RheinEnergie – providing energy and antitrust law advice during the tendering procedure regarding participation in WSW Wuppertal
- Towns of Hilden and Salzgitter – advising on the partial privatisation of public utilities
- International manufacturer of light technology – advising on EU merger control procedure for a joint venture in the field of organic light emitting diodes (OLED)
- ArcelorMittal – providing energy and antitrust law advice during the acquisition of SaarFerngas including EU merger control procedure
- KSB – providing antitrust law advice regarding a joint venture with the pump manufacturer Nikkiso including advising on merger control procedure
- Confectionary manufacturer – representing the company in administrative fine proceedings for breach of antitrust law in the confectionary industry
- CVC Capital Partners – advising on the acquisition of Ruhrgas Industries including advising on EU merger control procedure
- Veolia – providing antitrust and energy law advice during the acquisition of BVAG including advising on EU merger control procedure
- Gerling – representing the company in antitrust proceedings in the field of industrial insurance
- Cerberus – advising on the merger control procedure during the acquisition of a real-estate portfolio from GBH Bauen und Wohnen Hannover
- Knauf-Gipswerke – representing the company in administrative fine proceedings regarding plasterboards in the first instance at the European Court of Justice
- HanseNet – providing antitrust law advice in the field of telecommunications in proceedings before the regulatory authorities
- Advising on sector inquiries made by the Federal Cartel Office (Bundeskartellamt) and the EU Commission in the areas of food retailing, milk, electricity and gas, industrial insurance