Dr. Eckart Petzold
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 211 5660 25065
Fax +49 211 5660 110
Languages: Italian, German, English, French
Dr. Eckart Petzold was born in Hamburg in 1956. He studied law (PhD.) in Freiburg, Germany, and Lausanne, Switzerland. In 1975 he trained in a leading Swiss bank. In 1983 he was admitted to the Bar. From 1985 to 2005 he practised as lawyer and, from 1989 onwards, was a Partner of the international law firm Lovells, including predecessor firms. From 2005 onwards he was responsible, as Partner of GSK, for the German-Italian Cross-Border Team which moved to Luther in 2014. Dr. Eckart Petzold is Chairman of the German-Italian Trade Association MERCURIO, Honorary Deputy Chairman of the International Association of Italian-Speaking Lawyers AIGLI and Member of the Commission for Translators (Italian) of the Düsseldorf Chamber of Commerce.
Dr. Eckart Petzold is Licensed Specialist for Corporate Law (Fachanwalt für Handels- und Gesellschaftsrecht) and Head of Luther’s Italian Desk. He assists domestic and foreign investors in their Corporate and M&A activities in Germany and worldwide, particularly in connection with cross-border transactions with a focus on international joint ventures and commercial agreements, negotiating in German, English, Italian (sworn translator) and French.
- Privatisation of the former East German Pharma Group Arzneimittelwerke Dresden
- Assisting Deutsche Post in connection with several acquisitions in Italy
- Assisting Gruppo Coin/OVIESSE in connection with the acquisition of Kaufhalle from the METRO Group
- Advising Impregilo in connection with the acquisition of the Environmental Business of Babcock Borsig AG
- Assisting Finmeccanica in a bidding process to buy a leading German company in the defence business
- Assisting TÜV Nord in connection with the acquisition of an Italian certification company
- Assisting Caffitaly System in connection with their joint ventures and commercial agreements worldwide
- Advising on around 200 M&A deals