Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
An der Welle 10
60322 Frankfurt a.M.
Phone +49 69 27229 24980
Fax +49 69 27229 110
Languages: German, English, French, Croatian
Denis Bacina was born in 1975. He studied law at the Universities of Passau (Germany) and Geneva (Switzerland). Denis Bacina started to practise law in 2002 and has been working in the area of M&A ever since, first for a leading US private-equity law firm, then for a British Magic Circle law firm and then for an international Big Four law firm. He joined Luther in September 2018.
Denis Bacina advises national and international companies, banks and private equity funds on mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and corporate governance matters.
He has a wealth of experience in providing transaction advice and in negotiating transactions. This includes advice on, inter alia, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, carve-outs, spin-offs, and participations in loan portfolios and joint ventures. Denis Bacina has acted as a legal advisor in numerous high-profile cross-border M&A transactions involving US, European and Chinese companies. Furthermore, he has provided reorganisation advice in the context of insolvency proceedings, including advice on distressed mergers and acquisitions.
- Smyths Toys Superstore, a family-owned toys retailer with 21 stores in Ireland and 90 stores in the United Kingdom: advice on its acquisition of the Toys "R" Us stores in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Luxshare Limited, the controlling shareholder of Luxshare-ICT, headquartered in Dongguan City, Guangdong Province in China: advice on its acquisition of the Global Body Control Systems business from ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Evangelische Bank, a church-based cooperative bank: advice on its acquisition of a majority sub-participation in a loan portfolio in Austria
- Scandector AB, a Swedish family-owned company, and Australian companies: advice on their acquisition of a majority of the shares in Erich Utsch AG, a global leader in the manufacture of licence plates
- JFE Engineering Corporation, a company that specialises in developing waste-to-energy and biomass power plants and one of the most important subsidiaries of JFE Holdings, Inc., a corporation listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange: advice on its acquisition of Standardkessel Power Systems Holding GmbH
- SaarGummi Group, a manufacturer and developer of sealing systems for the automotive industry: advice on the sale of its business during insolvency to the Chinese state-owned company Light Industry & Textile Holding Group Co. Ltd. (CQLT)