Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Grimmaische Straße 25
Phone +49 341 5299 0
Fax +49 341 5299 110
Languages: German, English
Andreas Mally was born in 1976. After studying law at the Martin-Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, Germany, and completing his legal training, Andreas Mally was admitted to the German Bar in 2005 and joined Luther the same year. He is based in Luther’s Leipzig office but is involved in numerous projects throughout Germany.
Andreas Mally specialises in private construction, architectural, civil engineering and property development law. He primarily advises on plant construction projects (power stations, waste treatment plants, and starch production plants, amongst other things) and building construction projects (residential and commercial properties), but also on civil engineering and infrastructure projects and real estate transactions. In these areas, his advisory services particularly include carrying out the preliminary structuring of the project, assisting with feasibility and planning competitions, organising and advising on invitations to tender, drafting and negotiating contracts, and providing advice during construction. Andreas Mally is a member of the Association of German Construction Law Lawyers (arge Baurecht) organised by the German Lawyers’ Association (Deutscher Anwaltverein) and a frequent lecturer at seminars dealing with construction/architectural and civil engineering law, for example, with regard to the German Code of Architects’ and Engineers’ Fees (HOAI). His clients include public and private property developers/institutional investors, as well as architects, engineers and building companies.
- Advised six energy providers on the construction and modernisation of a total of seven gas turbine and gas engine heating stations along with compressed thermal energy storage facilities; amongst other things, this included advising on how to structure the project, draft the documents for the invitation to tender, carry out the invitation to tender, and negotiate the contracts and amendments
- Advised institutional investors, housing companies and a project developer on the conclusion and implementation of more than 20 property purchase agreements with building obligations regarding the construction of apartments, office space, retail space, cafés/restaurants and a hotel in cities such as Hamburg, Munich, Berlin, Cologne, Frankfurt/Main, Hanover and Leipzig
- Advised a medical association on the construction of new administrative headquarters; amongst other things, this included advising on how to structure the project and carry out a planning competition, as well as providing assistance with the drafting and negotiation of the project management, planning and building contracts
- Advised on several zoo projects regarding the construction and structural alteration of theme-based areas, buildings, animal enclosures/compounds, and open areas; amongst other things, this included drafting and negotiating project management, planning and building contracts, advising on the implementation of the respective construction projects, and enforcing and defending claims
- Advised a pharmaceutical company on the implementation of construction projects and real estate matters in the pharmaceutical park; amongst other things, this included drafting and negotiating the contracts