Alexander M. Wojtek, LL.M. (Duke)
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 40 18067 25033
Fax +49 40 18067 110
Languages: German, English
Alexander M. Wojtek studied law at the University of Freiburg i. Breisgau (Germany) and obtained an LL.M. degree from Duke University School of Law in North Carolina (USA). After completing his legal training in Hamburg (Germany), he was admitted to the German Bar in 2008. From 2008 to 2017, Alexander M. Wojtek worked for Clifford Chance, The Royal Bank of Scotland and Watson, Farley & Williams in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and Hamburg. In 2017, he joined Luther's banking and capital markets practice as a Partner. He speaks English, French and German.
Alexander M. Wojtek holds both German and US citizenship. He regularly publishes and gives lectures on finance topics.
Alexander M. Wojtek advises borrowers, lenders and private equity funds on all matters pertaining to banking and finance law. This includes assisting with the structuring, negotiation and documentation of (syndicated) loans in project, real-estate, asset and acquisition financings, and receivables purchase and securitisation transactions, as well as providing advice in connection with non-performing loans and restructurings. He focuses in particular on infrastructure and energy project finance transactions and has advised on the project financing of power stations, onshore and offshore wind farms and photovoltaic power plants. In addition, he regularly advises on asset finance transactions in the rolling stock market and on ship finance transactions.
- Advised an international consortium of banks on the project financing of an offshore wind farm with a total investment volume of approximately EUR 1.2 billion.
- Advised an international consortium of banks on the EUR 695 million project financing of an offshore wind farm.
- Advised the lender on the €64.5m long-term project financing of a solar park in Denmark.
- Advised the lender on the €30.2m long-term project financing of a Finnish onshore wind park.
- Advised an international consortium of banks on the approximately EUR 1.1 billion project financing of an offshore wind farm with ECA cover being provided by EKF, the Danish export credit agency.
- Advised the lender on the €80.6 million project financing of two wind farm projects in Finland.
- Advised an international consortium of banks on the project financing of an offshore wind farm. This included advice following financial close, during the construction period and in connection with the refinancing by way of a project bond.
- Advised a consortium of international banks on the € 91.3 million project financing of an onshore wind farm in Lithuania with ECA cover being provided by Euler Hermes.
- Advised the lender on the €65 million project financing of the two French onshore wind farms.
- Advised the lender on the project financing of a portfolio of French solar projects with an aggregate volume of approximately €112 million.
- Advised the lender on the financing of the acquisition of 196 used electro locomotives by Railpool from DB Cargo
- Advised the bank in connection with the purchase and on-sale of a €300m ship loan portfolio
- Advised the bank in connection with the restructuring of €1,2 billion real estate loan portfolio