Financial Year 2017/2018: Another Record Result for Luther
145,3 million Euros turnover in Germany //
161,9 million Euros turnover including international offices
Cologne – Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH achieved an outstanding result in the 2017/18 financial year. The total performance of the law firm rose by 27 percent to 145.3 million euros in turnover in Germany. Sales per professional amounted to 435 thousand Euros (previous year: 415 thousand Euros).
- In fiscal 2017/18, Luther generated sales of 145.3 million Euros in Germany. This corresponds to a 27% increase in revenue compared to the previous year (EUR 114.5 million).
- Including its international locations, Luther generated total revenues of 161.9 million Euro – an increase of 25% over the previous year (129.5 million Euro).
- The number of professionals has risen to 329 lawyers and tax advisors (FTE). The number of equity partners increased minimally from 73 to 74.
"We are extremely pleased with the record result and are very proud of what we achieved together in the past financial year," says co-managing partner Elisabeth Lepique. "On the one hand, our ongoing work with large clients is responsible for the sharp rise in sales. It pays off that we are driving forward cross-location and cross-service line cooperation systematically. On the other hand, special effects such as the entry into force of the European General Data Protection Regulation and a high demand for compliance consulting contributed to the outstanding result.”
"LegalTech applications have arrived in day-to-day business," adds co-managing partner Dr. Markus Sengpiel. "In a large mandate that has led to a significant increase in capacity utilization among a large number of employees, for example, we rely on specially developed software for the entire case management process, including risk and quality management, resource planning and automated reporting. This eliminates a lot of manual work and allows us to process the mandate faster and more efficiently. Investments in infrastructure are beginning to pay off. We still see a lot of potential here and will consistently continue along this path in the 2018/2019 financial year.”
Highlight Mandates of Luther
- In September 2017, Luther advises the Norwegian energy supplier Statkraft on its investment in the German energy supplier EnQu. (press release)
- In October 2017, Luther advises Deutsche Telekom AG on the reallocation of its Germany-wide facility management. (press release)
- In January 2018 Luther accompanies five pension funds on the sale of Springer Quartier in Hamburg. This was the largest single property deal to date in Hamburg. (press release)
- In March 2018 Luther successfully represents the Hochtaunus Kliniken before the Federal Supreme Court (BGH). In the proceedings, the BGH decides that party representatives cannot be arbitrators in their own case. (press release)
- In July 2018, the Federal Railway Authority wins with Luther before the Federal Administrative Court against Stuttgarter Netz AG, which demanded a decommissioning procedure for Stuttgart 21. (press release)