With 30 years of experience in dealing with German-Italian cross-border transactions, the team that is responsible for Luther’s Italian Desk has a leading position in German-Italian legal transactions. The team is comprised of 14 lawyers, who are familiar not only with both legal systems but also with the difference in mentality of the two countries. Our lawyers are supported by Italian assistants, interpreters and translators. Several members of the team grew up bilingual and have the Italian or dual citizenship.
Working closely with leading Italian law firms, our Italian Desk advises German and international companies on how to expand their business activities in Italy and vice versa. The continuous exchange of professional and personal information among the lawyers involved in both countries ensures efficient advice. Experienced, well-functioning teams help clear up the misunderstandings that are typical of cross-border transactions already when they arise and implement projects in the respective other country smoothly and inexpensively.
Our advisory services in detail:
- Cross-border contract negotiations
- Formation of a company or branch in the respective other country
- Cross-border corporate law advice
- Cross-border takeovers of companies and mergers
- Hiring and dismissing managing directors and employees
- Acquisition of real estate
- Project financing
- Tax law
- Antitrust law
- Insolvency law
- Competition law
- Energy law
- Invitations to tender and state aid issues
- Other aspects of business law in Italy and Germany
We provide all our advisory services in German, Italian and English.