Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 221 9937 24820
Fax +49 221 9937 110
Languages: German, English
Volker Steimle was born in 1967 and studied law at the University of Tübingen, Germany. After completing his traineeship in Ulm, Speyer and Hamburg, he was admitted to the Bar at the District Court of Cologne in 1995 and was later admitted to the Court of Appeals of Cologne in 2002. Volker Steimle was seconded to Arthur Andersen & Assoc., Johannesburg, RSA, in 1998. He joined Luther (or its respective predecessor) in 1995. Volker Steimle heads the Service Line Commercial.
Volker Steimle specializes in all matters concerning national and international distribution and sourcing of goods, product liability and product safety. He has special focus on all matters concerning supply or distribution contracts, including all sorts of purchasing contracts and ancillary agreements, such as quality assurance agreements, logistics contracts etc. His clients range from medium-sized to large companies from different industries, including automotive products, industrial or consumer products. A large part of his work is cross-border transactions or disputes. Together with his team his work comprises both contract drafting and negotiation as well as dispute resolution in state courts as well as national or international arbitration proceedings. Volker Steimle is a member of the German Institution of Arbitration (DIS).
- Worldwide manufacturer of tractors and agricultural machinery: legal advice in all legal issues in (cross-border) supply and distribution relations, product liability and product safety
- Major German supplier (Tier 1) of vehicle electronics: assistance in establishing a worldwide contract system for the purchasing of parts in over 40 countries
- Internationally active supplier (Tier 1) of freight vehicle brake systems: handling of cross-border product recall and damage proceedings
- Conglomerate, active worldwide in metal processing: advice on major event of damage in the utility industry, product recalls, defence against damages, insurance claims and damage proceedings.
- Market leader in electronics/electricity transfer: conduct of successful international arbitration proceedings simultaneously in Germany and China against an Asian distribution partner.
- Internationally active manufacturer of synthetic products for the construction industry: establishment of a worldwide distribution and licensing system