Susanna Fuchsbrunner, LL.M.
Master in Business Administration
Certified Specialist in commercial and corporate law
Attorney-at-Law (New York)
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
An der Welle 10
60322 Frankfurt a.M.
Phone +49 69 27229 24695
Fax +49 69 27229 110
Languages: Italian, German, English, French, Russian
- Industry Focus
- Automotive and mobility
- Food, retail and consumer products
- Mechanical and plant engineering and construction
- Textile and clothing industry
Susanna Fuchsbrunner graduated from Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich, Germany, and Fordham University School of Law in New York, U.S., obtaining the qualification: LL.M. in Banking, Corporate and Finance; she graduated from Freie University Hagen, Germany, with a master’s degree in business administration. She is dually qualified and licensed to practice law in Germany as a German lawyer (Rechtsanwältin) and in the U.S. as an Attorney-at-Law in the state of New York. She started her career at a leading U.S. law firm in New York; during her eight years in New York, she specialised in international transactions. Before joining Luther in 2012, Ms Fuchsbrunner practiced for many years at a prestigious U.K. law firm in the area of private equity and at a German law firm in the area of corporate finance.
Susanna Fuchsbrunner regularly works as a visiting lecturer at various universities:
- University of Basel, Switzerland: International Business Law (since 2015);
- Fresenius University of Applied Sciences in Idstein, Germany: M&A: Valuation of Businesses and Due Diligence, Capital Markets Law
- Ludwigshafen Business School, Germany: International Business Law, Commercial and Corporate Law, European Law (2004-2010).
Susanna Fuchsbrunner is actively involved and has held leading positions with the American Bar Association (ABA), the leading professional association representing international and US-American lawyers’ interests. Her responsibilities at the ABA also allow her to be a frequent speaker on cross-border legal issues.
In addition, since 2015, Susanna Fuchsbrunner has been serving on the board of directors for the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) - Chapter Germany – the world’s leading association for M&A professionals dedicated to promote corporate growth. In 2016, Susanna Fuchsbrunner serves as the President of the Germany Chapter.
Susanna Fuchsbrunner specialises in advising on national and cross-border M&A transactions, including private equity, management buy-outs/management buy-ins, management participation programmes, and venture capital. She further focuses on structuring complex restructurings (mergers and spin-offs), reorganisations, and corporate actions.
Susanna Fuchsbrunner advises primarily national and international financial investors, family offices (SFO/MFO), medium-sized businesses, and business persons. Her clients include companies from the automotive, aviation, and IT industries, as well as various service providers.
- Advising US-American financial investors on numerous acquisitions in Germany
- Advising single family offices (SFOs) and multi-family offices (MFOs) on their investments in German-speaking countries
- Advising medium-sized businesses on strategic investments
- Advising financial investors and managers on management participation programmes
- Advising medium-sized businesses on restructurings (mergers and spin-offs), reorganisations, and corporate actions