Prof. Dr. Robert von Steinau-Steinrück
Certified Specialist in employment law
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 30 52133 21142
Fax +49 30 52133 110
Languages: German, English
Prof Dr Robert von Steinau-Steinrück was born in Munich, Germany in 1964. He studied law in Passau and Bonn, Germany. While carrying out his legal training in Berlin, which included secondments in Palermo, Italy,and Dublin, Ireland, he received his doctorate in employment law. After completing his second state exam, he initially worked as a foreign associate in New York, USA. He started working as a lawyer for Luther in 1997. In 1998 he joined Gleiss Lutz, returning to Luther in 2003, where he has worked since. Prof Dr Robert von Steinau-Steinrück heads the Berlin office and is a visiting professor at the University of Potsdam, Germany.
Prof Dr Robert von Steinau-Steinrück advises companies on all matters pertaining to individual and collective employment law, including dismissals and staff cuts, codetermination, restructurings, outsourcing, compliance, and issues regarding works constitution law and collective bargaining agreements. This also includes the specific employment law interests of public companies and employment law matters involving international aspects. He further advises management board members, managing directors and executives as well as chief physicians. In addition, he deals with selective issues pertaining to copyright administration law. Another focus of his work is litigation at labour and civil courts.
- Leonardo Hotels: post-merger integration
- Individual projects regarding codetermination and restructuring
- Immofinanz AG: complex transfer of an undertaking
- Landmark proceedings before the Federal Labour Court on the subject of collective employment law, especially industrial action (“flash mob”)
- GEMA – German Society for musical performing and mechanical reproduction rights: - litigation and ongoing advice in the area of employment (especially collective) and copyright administration law
- ArcelorMittal SSC Deutschland GmbH: litigation regarding works constitution law and collective bargaining law issues
- Vivantes Netzwerk für Gesundheit GmbH: advice on various projects Litigation on behalf of and against executives
- Project management in connection with company investigations and advice on how to implement compliance measures under employment law, as well as various individual projects regarding compliance issues