Prof. Dr. Notker Polley
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 211 5660 18773
Fax +49 211 5660 110
Languages: German, English
Prof Dr Notker Polley was born in 1959. He studied law at the Freie Universität Berlin and the Wilhelms-University of Münster, Germany. He subsequently worked as a research assistant for Prof Dr Theodor Baums at the Institute for International Business Law at the Universities of Münster and Osnabrück. During his traineeship he worked for the German American Chamber of Commerce in Houston, Texas. He completed his second state exam in 1990 and joined Luther’s predecessor firm as a lawyer in 1992 and has worked for many years as an assistant lecturer at the University of Cologne, Germany, in the field of limited liability companies and partnership law. In 2013, the University of Cologne appointed Notker Polley as an Honorary Professor.
Prof Dr Notker Polley advises mid-sized companies and large corporations in all matters pertaining to corporate law. The focus of his advice lies in national and international reorganisations as well as corporate acquisitions and joint ventures. In addition, he advises management boards, supervisory boards and managing directors with regard to their rights and duties.
- Advising the German subsidiaries of a well-known Northern European bank on stock corporation law issues (including general meetings)
- Devising monistic administrative structures for an SE that is listed on US stock exchanges
- Providing on-going advice to Plus Warenhandelsgesellschaft mbH in matters pertaining to contract law and corporate law
- Providing corporate law advice to Hitachi (e.g., cross-border cash pooling)
- Advising various international joint ventures from the automotive, food, and light technology industries
- Advising on various corporate reorganisations of an international group of companies from the automotive industry
- Advising on numerous asset and share deals (buy side and sell side), e.g., in the automotive industry, in the food industry, and in the areas of door technology, trade fairs, and medical technology
- Service agreements for management board members of listed companies (in particular, change-of-control clauses, corporate governance codex, disclosure of remuneration, and ad-hoc announcements)
- Managing directors' service agreements