Prof. Christian Zanner
Certified Specialist in building and architectural law
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 30 52133 0
Fax +49 30 52133 110
Languages: German, English, Italian
Prof. Christian Zanner studied law at the Munich Ludwig-Maximilian University and the Berlin Free University (Germany). He was admitted to the German Bar in 1993. From 1993 to 2010, he worked for HFK Rechtsanwälte LLP, where he became head of the Berlin office and a partner in 2002. Prof. Zanner has been a visiting lecturer in construction contract awarding and construction contract drafting law according to the Rules for the Award and Contents of Construction Contracts, Part A: General Terms of Contract for the Execution of Construction Work (VOB/B) since 2002 and an honorary professor since 2011 at the Berlin Technical University. From 2010 to 2017, he was a partner at Wollmann & Partner. Prof. Zanner joined Luther in June 2017.
Prof. Zanner has been the chairman of Deutscher Baurechtstag e.V., a German construction law association, since 30 June 2003.
Prof. Zanner advises principals on the compilation of application and purchasing conditions, acts as an advisor during complex construction projects when it comes to developing performance-based tendering concepts and drafting contracts and also upon conclusion of the contract when it comes to enforcing and defending changes. Furthermore, he advises principals during the negotiation of contracts, as well as during construction on all issues arising during the implementation of the construction project. He prepares expert opinions on complex building law issues and has many years of experience in working with, and heading, legal project teams. Prof. Zanner additionally works as a conciliator and as an arbitrator.
- Inner-city tunnel construction project, including six underground stations for the municipal light rail system (with tunnelling shield and open construction): legal advice on building and planning work during the project
- Connection of the Fuhlsbüttel airport in Hamburg (Germany) to the urban-suburban commuter railway system using the tunnel method, with an airport underground station
- Construction of a new 380-KV cable line Tiergarten substation, Friedrichshain substation in Berlin (Germany): legal advice to the contractor during the project
- Legal advice during construction regarding the excavations for the Berlin Central Station
- Advice during a project regarding the construction of a brown-coal-fired power station in Lusatia (Germany)
- Advice and representation during the construction of a thermal waste disposal plant in the State of Brandenburg (Germany)
- Advice during a project regarding the construction of a pumped-storage plant in the Free State of Thuringia (Germany)
- Advice and representation during projects regarding the construction of various bridge structures
- Advice to, and representation of, the contractors in connection with the construction of various motorway sections as part of the traffic project German Unity
- Advice during a project regarding the construction of a multi-storey building housing an apartment and a hotel in central Stuttgart (Germany)
- Advice during projects regarding the construction of various shopping centres across Germany