Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
An der Welle 10
60322 Frankfurt a.M.
Phone +49 69 27229 24677
Fax +49 69 27229 110
Languages: German, English
Matthias Götz was born in 1959. He studied law in Heidelberg and Frankfurt, Germany, and Lausanne, Switzerland. Matthias Götz has extensive experience in investment banking and as a lawyer. He worked for more than ten years for JP Morgan and Lehman Brothers in Frankfurt/Main, London and New York and he was also a partner with Baker & McKenzie and Kaye Scholer. Most recently, he worked as a co-head in the Corporate Law/M&A department of the law firm SKW Schwarz Rechtsanwälte. Matthias Götz has been a partner at Luther since 2012.
Matthias Götz advises German and foreign clients on national and international business and contract law issues. Due to his significant experience as a "practical" investment banker and in-house lawyer, his work focuses on mergers and acquisitions/private equity, capital markets, banking and corporate law as well as insolvency law and reorganisations. Matthias Götz has advised over 100 companies on takeovers, public takeover bids, capital market transactions, squeeze-outs and restructurings.
- Advised Metropolitan Equity Management Partners (New York) on the acquisition of the principal plant of the insolvent company German Pellets GmbH
- Advised Transport Capital AG on various transactions, inter alia, on the acquisition of Werner Verkehrsbetriebe GmbH & Co. KG and of Verkehrsgesellschaft Mittelhessen GmbH from the Abellio Group
- Member of Advisory Board of the Hans Erich und Marie Elfriede Dotter-Stiftung, Darmstadt-Eberstadt
- Numerous structured public sales of medium-sized companies
- Numerous purchases of medium-sized companies
- Hostile takeover of Zapf Creation AG by MGA Entertainment, Inc
- Public takeover of a German shoe retailer
- Public takeover of a special fibre producer