Luther S.A., inscrite au Barreau de Luxembourg
Aerogolf Center, 1B, Heienhaff
Phone +352 27484 658
Fax +352 27484 690
Languages: German, English, French
Laurent Massinon holds a Master’s degree in law from the Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, and a Master in economic law from the same university. He was admitted to the Luxembourg bar in 2005. Before joining Luther in 2012, he practised for more than 7 years in a magic circle law firm in Luxembourg with a secondment to the London office in 2011.
Laurent has headed the Banking, Finance & Capital Markets department in Luxembourg since 2012. Laurent regularly chairs and organises conferences and seminars in Luxembourg and abroad. He is also invited by banks for internal training sessions as well as for internal regulatory assessment purposes.
Laurent Massinon focuses in particular on:
- capital markets transactions (including issues of debt and equity securities such as IPOs and high yield bonds issues), (de)listings, takeovers, buy backs and exchange offers
- structured finance (including but not limited to securitisation transactions involving regulated and unregulated entities, fiduciary transactions)
- acquisition finance (in particular (re)financing of real estates and cross border acquisitions)
- restructuring and insolvency;
- collateral arrangements, set-off and netting
- insurance and reinsurance transactions.
He also advises banks, professionals of the financial sectors, (re)insurance companies, listed and non-listed companies and securitisation undertakings on regulatory issues as to banking, finance, capital markets and (re)insurance matters.
Laurent is a member of the IBA and the Association of the Banking Lawyers (Association des Juristes de Droit Bancaire) (ALJB) in Luxembourg.