Certified Specialist in public procurement law
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Grimmaische Straße 25
Phone +49 341 5299 0
Fax +49 341 5299 110
Languages: German, English
Karsten Köhler was born in 1973. After studying law at the University of Leipzig (Germany) and completing his legal training in Saxony, he was admitted to the German Bar in 2001 and joined Luther (or its respective predecessor firm) the same year. Since 2002, he has been a permanent member of staff of Vergaberecht, a magazine on public procurement law. Karsten Köhler became a certified specialist in public procurement law in September 2016.
- forum vergabe e.V.
- DVNW Deutsches Vergabenetzwerk
- SDWC Schweizerisch-Deutscher Wirtschaftsclub e.V.
Karsten Köhler primarily offers advice to local authorities, municipally owned corporations, and holding companies in matters pertaining to corporate law, municipal business law or public procurement law, with a focus on transaction projects, privatisation transactions, restructurings and complex procurement projects. A particular emphasis is on advising housing companies and housing cooperatives.
- Advice to more than 25 housing companies and housing cooperatives (inter alia, the largest landlords in Saxony, Bavaria, Thuringia, Brandenburg and Saxony-Anhalt) on restructuring and awarding the contracts for the supply of broadband cable to more than 200,000 housing units
- Advice to the State of Rhineland-Palatinate and representation in court in public procurement law matters in connection with the Nürburgring 2009 project (> €100m)
- Representation of the University of Jena in court in connection with the contract award procedure of the University Hospital of Jena regarding the construction of 15 new clinics (€300m, largest building project in Thuringia)
- Comprehensive public procurement and contract law advice and assistance in connection with the investment projects of the Stadtwerke Halle Group, inter alia, construction of new and conversion of existing power plants in the years 2004 to 2006 (€70m), 2009 to 2011 (€30m) and since 2016 (€75m)
- Strategic legal advice and conducting of arbitration proceedings in connection with a publicly subsidised plant construction project (€60m)
- Public procurement law advice on more than 15 privatisation projects, inter alia, public utilities, housing companies and clinics/hospitals
- Legal assistance with the award of approximately 30 concessions regarding electricity, gas, water/waste water and district heat for, inter alia, the City of Chemnitz