Dr. Stephan Bausch, D.U.
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 221 9937 25782
Fax +49 221 9937 110
Languages: German, English, French, Spanish
Stephan Bausch was born in 1975 and spent part of his school years in Fort Myers, Florida, USA. From 1995 to 2001, he studied law at the Universities of Bonn, Germany, and Aix-en-Provence. France. After spending some time in Toulouse, France for research purposes, he was awarded his doctorate on a comparative law topic in 2004.
From 2006 to 2013, Stephan Bausch was a member of the litigation practice group of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in Cologne and Frankfurt (Germany). In 2013, he joined Luther as a partner. He is co-head of the German-wide Complex Disputes Team.
Stephan Bausch has written numerous articles on banking and capital market law with a special focus on litigation issues.
Stephan Bausch is listed in JUVE as a frequently recommended lawyer for litigation and in Legal 500 as a specialist for banking litigation.
Stephan Bausch advises and assists companies prior to and during court proceedings. When dealing with complicated issues and questions of law, and also when handling more straightforward cases, Stephan Bausch works with his clients to determine their economic and strategic aims in order to achieve them as successfully as possible. He focuses on representing banks and financial service providers in lawsuits concerning advice given and prospectus liability in connection with, for example, interest rate derivatives, film funds, open-ended property funds or certificates. Furthermore, Stephan Bausch represents companies in court proceedings concerning commercial and corporate law issues.
- Deutsche Bank AG: representations in proceedings before numerous regional and higher regional courts concerning structured interest rate derivatives
- SEB AG: representations in proceedings concerning derivatives
- Hauck & Aufhäuser Privatbankiers KGaA: representations in court in various cases concerning swap transactions with municipalities
- A manufacturer of industrial gas: representations before an arbitration tribunal in post-M&A proceedings
- A manufacturer of disc brakes: representations in court proceedings concerning damages and the supply of products
- An energy supplier: representations in court in stock corporation law disputes
- A German industrial enterprise: representations in post-M&A proceedings
- Arbitral injunction proceedings in connection with the assertion of claims under a bank guarantee
- A fund initiator: representations in defending against actions concerning liability for information provided in prospectuses
- Representing banks in mistrade proceedings