Dr. Michael Krömker, MBA (Mannheim/Tongji)
Master in Business Administration
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 211 5660 25025
Fax +49 211 5660 110
Languages: German, English
Michael Krömker studied law in Trier and Cologne and spent his legal clerkship in Cologne and New York. In 2002, he received his doctoral degree in law in Cologne. He started his legal career in 2003 and worked since then in M&A at the international law firms Linklaters and Baker & McKenzie. From 2011 to 2012, he completed an Executive MBA with a Chinese-European focus at Mannheim Business School in Germany and at Tongji University in Shanghai. Michael Krömker joined Luther as a partner in August 2014 (up to EUR 500m).
Michael Krömker regularly publishes articles on M&A issues in in the legal and business press and is a lecturer on M&A at the post-graduate M&A studies of University Münster. The Legal 500 Deutschland (2016 and 2017) mentions Michael Krömker as an expert for cross-border M&A mid-cap deals.
Michael Krömker has a wealth of experience in advising on complex national and cross-border M&A transactions as well as the management of major projects. He focusses above all on the sectors Energy & Infrastructure, Automotive & Industrial and Food & Beverages.
- Advice to a Dutch energy group on a participation in an internet-based platform for heating solutions
- Advice to the Dutch Eneco group on its 50% participation in the green energy provider Lichtblick and a digitization platform
- Advice to Open Grid Europe on its acquisition of Statoil’s gas network jordgas/netra (with Gasunie)
- Advice to the real estate developer VGP on a joint venture with Allianz Real Estate
- Advice to a leading power supplier on joint ventures in Turkey and Brazil
- Advice to an Indian conglomerate on the takeover of a TecDAX-listed renewable energy company
- Advice to a Dutch meat producer on the sale of its Convenience Retail Business and the sale of its Ingredients Business
- Advice to a Chinese SOE on the acquisition of a turbine producer from a DAX group
- Advice to a Chinese SOE on the acquisition of an automotive supplier from a DAX group