Dr. Maximilian Dorndorf
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 201 9220 24027
Fax +49 201 9220 110
Languages: German, English
Dr Maximilian Dorndorf started his career at the international law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in Cologne (Germany), where he worked from 2001 to 2005. From 2005 to 2009, he then had his own specialist one-man law firm in Münster (Germany), working at the same time as an in-house lawyer and head of legal department for the international logistics group Fiege.
He joined Luther’s Essen office as a partner in 2009 and is a member of the service line IP/IT and head of Luther’s logistics practice group.
Maximilian Dorndorf is a visiting lecturer at the business, labour and family-business law department at the Witten Institute for Family Business of the University of Witten/Herdecke (Germany) and an arbitrator at the German Logistics Court of Arbitration.
Maximilian Dorndorf advises primarily on all matters pertaining to IT and technology (in particular, software projects, R&D projects, protection of know-how, and data protection), as well as on the protection of intellectual property and distribution law (especially competition and trademark law). He is particularly experienced in handling complex (logistics/IT) outsourcing and innovation projects.
Maximilian Dorndorf is an experienced and respected advisor in international contract negotiations, in particular in the context of IT and logistics projects. However, he also provides comprehensive litigation advice (e.g., in defending advertising campaigns, or in proceeding against competitors’ campaigns or against trademark and patent infringements). He uses this expertise to comprehensively advise his clients on all matters pertaining to digitalisation and Industry 4.0.
- On-going advice to a renowned international logistics services provider on logistics law and outsourcing projects
- On-going advice to a lift manufacturer on IT and technology issues and in connection with innovation projects (R&D)
- Advice to a leading international hotel reservation system (IT, communications, trademarks and commercial contracts, such as affiliate models)
- Advice to a telecommunications service provider (telephone, Internet, TV) on matters pertaining to competition law and IT
- On-going advice to a leading video identification service provider on all legal issues ( in particular, IT, technology, patents and contracts/licensing)
- Advice to a large number of banks and financial service providers on FinTech