Dr. Henning Holz, LL.M.
Certified Specialist in public procurement law
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Berliner Allee 26
Phone +49 511 5458 15021
Fax +49 511 5458 110
Languages: English, German
Dr. Henning Holz was born in 1973. He studied law in Hannover, Germany. and completed his LL.M. in interdisciplinary environmental law at the University of Lüneburg, Germany. He then worked for two years as a research assistant at the faculty for civil and business law at the University of Erfurt, Germany. After completing his doctorate in European environmental law and his traineeship, he joined Luther in 2005.
Dr Henning Holz specialises in providing legal advice to contracting authorities or bidders during public tenders, complex procurement projects or structured tendering procedures. He advises public procurement authorities on matters including drafting tenders, evaluating bids and dealing with enquiries and objections made by bidders. Furthermore, Dr Holz advises and represents contracting authorities or bidders in public procurement review procedures. He also advises contracting authorities and private beneficiaries of subsidies on how to comply with procurement rules in connection with subsidies and deal with EU subsidies. Another focus of his work is providing expert opinions on issues relating to procurement and environmental law. Dr Holz also carries out due diligences from an environmental law perspective in corporate transactions.
- Advice to several university hospitals on how to plan and carry out an EU contract award procedure regarding the sale of the shares in the joint purchasing company, combined with the award of consultancy and other services in the area of purchase and tender management
- Advice to a municipal hospital providing maximum treatment on how to plan and carry out a contract award procedure in the form of a competitive dialogue to select a technology partner to procure and operate/manage the equipment for the radiology unit
- Advice to Zoo Hannover GmbH on public procurement and subsidy law issues in connection with the construction of the Alaskan landscape “Yukon Bay”
- Examination of contract award procedures on behalf of the State of Berlin as part of subsidised large building projects
- Advice to the City of Wolfsburg on how to plan and carry out a contract award procedure in the form of a competitive dialogue to select an operator for the temporary electric mobility centre as part of the “Electric Mobility Showcase” programme
- On-going advice to a German state’s local transport company on invitations to tender for engineering and traffic planning services
- Advice to several municipalities on invitations to tender for catering to schools and day-care facilities for children
- Assistance with various review procedures on behalf of contracting authorities and tenderers