Dr. Guido Jansen
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 211 5660 24844
Fax +49 211 5660 110
Languages: Spanish, German, English
Dr. Guido Jansen was born in 1974. He studied law at the University of Cologne and Business Administration at the Fernuniversität Hagen, in Germany. During his studies and his traineeship, he worked for five years as a research assistant at the Forschungsinstitut für Wirtschaftsverfassung und Wettbewerb e.V. in Cologne. From 2003 to 2007, he worked in energy and antitrust law at the Cologne office of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. He joined Luther in 2007.
Dr. Guido Jansen specialises in energy and antitrust law. He advises national and international utilities and network operators on all regulatory aspects, in particular on the regulation of network access and network access fees and with regard to the unbundling provisions. Furthermore, he advises his clients on energy related contractual issues, and represents them before regulatory agencies and courts. His activities pertaining to antitrust law include merger control proceedings, antitrust proceedings, advice on joint venture agreements and on the design of distribution systems.
- ArcelorMittal: advising ArcelorMittal on energy and antitrust law issues regarding the acquisition of SaarFerngas AG including EU merger control
- Representation of E.ON Hanse in a landmark case regarding the admissibility of a single-entry model within the framework of the cooperation agreement of the German gas transmission and distribution grid operators
- Representation of numerous grid operators in a violation case before the Federal Network Agency and in an appeal case before the Higher Regional Court in Düsseldorf
- Advice to various network operators on questions arising from incentive regulation
- Advice to transmission grid and distribution grid operators on implementing the gas cooperation agreement