Dr. Gerhard K. Balz
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 711 9338 19190
Fax +49 711 9338 110
Languages: German, English
Dr. Gerhard K. Balz, born in 1953, studied law and economics at the University of Tübingen and received his doctorate, under the direction of Prof. Wolfgang Zöllner, on the subject of the exclusion and withdrawal of shareholders from limited liability companies. He has been working as a lawyer since 1982; from 1990 onwards he had his own law firm before joining Luther’s predecessor firm as a partner in 1998.
Dr. Gerhard K. Balz primarily advises mid-sized companies and family-owned businesses (average turnover of between EUR 10 million and EUR 500 million) on all matters pertaining to corporate law. His areas of expertise include structuring, corporate tax law and business succession as applicable to family-owned businesses; corporate acquisitions (contract negotiations, the drafting of contracts, due diligence); and business law advice. He also advises supervisory and advisory boards on the execution of their functions. He has supported numerous M&A transactions ranging in value from EUR 5 million to EUR 200 million.
- C.R. Laurence International, Inc:corporate law advice
- Tripsdrill GmbH & Co. KG amusement park: corporate and business law advice
- HAGOS Verbund deutscher Kachelofen-und Luftheizungsbauer eG: transaction advice and business law advice
- Scholpp Dienstleistungsgruppe GmbH & Co. KG: corporate and business law advice, transaction advice
- Ziehl-Abegg AG: corporate and business law advice, transaction advice