Dr. Barbara Schmidt
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Grimmaische Straße 25
Phone +49 341 5299 0
Fax +49 341 5299 110
Languages: German, English
Dr Barbara Schmidt was born in 1962. After studying law and completing her legal training including an internship in Chicago, USA, she received a doctorate in international law from the Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg, Germany. She joined Luther’s predecessor firm in 1999. Dr Barbara Schmidt heads the Leipzig office.
Dr Barbara Schmidt provides advice on real estate law, especially to public authorities and their commercial enterprises. In addition to her ongoing advisory work, this includes providing support with comprehensive real estate projects, including tender-related mergers or restructuring. She advises on transactions, especially in the real estate area, as well as on legal issues relating to liability and compensation, and insurance law.
- Legal advice to a major city in Saxony during the development of a concept for the operation and financing of a football stadium in Saxony
- Legal advice to a major city in Saxony during the tendering process while searching for investors in conjunction with the construction of a new theatre
- Legal advice to a local housing association in a major city in Thuringia regarding the sale of a portion of their portfolio
- Assistance during the transition of a publicly owned establishment (clinic) into a GmbH company
- Extensive advice to major local housing associations concerning the purchase of property, property development and disposal, and leasing and administration
- Current advice in contract structuring, implementation, and processing for the largest inner-city conversion measure in Saxony-Anhalt