Anne Caroline Wegner, LL.M. (European University Institute)
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Phone +49 211 5660 18742
Fax +49 211 5660 110
Languages: German, English, French, Italian
Anne C. Wegner was born in 1970. After spending one year in the USA and completing her studies in Marburg, Straßbourg, France, and Cologne, Germany, she obtained an LL.M. at the European University Institute in Florence. From 2001 to 2009, Anne Wegner worked for the international law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in Cologne and Brussels in the field of antitrust law and distribution. In 2010, she joined Luther in Düsseldorf as a Partner. Anne Wegner is the head of Luther’s Antitrust law practice and co-head of the German Speaking Antitrust Association's regional group Rheinland.
Anne C. Wegner specialises in German and European antitrust law as well as distribution law. She has a broad scope of experience in representing her clients vis-à-vis cartel authorities, in litigation and in contract negotiations. Her scope of advice covers in particular (vertical) agreements, cartels, merger control, joint ventures, abuse of dominance and compliance. In the area of distribution law she advises and represents her clients comprehensively with respect to different types of contracts on all distribution levels. She is particularly experienced in issues related to the automotive sector.
Court-approved antitrust mediator
Anne C. Wegner is an antitrust mediator approved by the competent German court of appeal. As a mediator, she specialises in out-of-court settlement of claims arising under antitrust law, e.g., for damages, injunctive relief, supply, etc. A procedure before an antitrust mediator offers several advantages. An agreement concluded by the parties in front of a court-approved mediator has the same effect as a state court judgment.
- Advising diverse clients in cartel proceedings (partly including leniency applications) before the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission (among others wholesaling of sanitary and healing products, automotive supplier industry, building material sector)
- Representing Erste Bank in an action for annulment of a cartel fine (“Lombardclub”)
- Merger control filings with the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission as well as multijurisdictional filings (among others, Remondis’ acquisition of Xervon, Sodecia’s acquisition of a competitor from the automotive supplier industry)
- Jointventures (merger control, non-compete obligations, FuE-cooperations, specialisation agreements)
- Litigation: representing several importers of motor vehicles against individual and class actions by their authorised distributors (among others concerning standard terms, guarantee remuneration, margin, transport costs, contract termination, defence in refusal to supply actions, access to the distribution system)
- Advising several clients on the adjustment of their distribution systems to the legal framework of the motor vehicle block exemption regulations (Commission Regulation (EC) no. 1400/2002 and 461/2010)
- Advising an importer of automobiles on the set-up of a pan-European distribution system
- Antitrust Due Diligence for an investment bank regarding the acquisition of a construction materials group
- Advising a company in the out-of-home media industry with respect to the sector inquiry of the Federal Cartel Office
- Defending a manufacturer of automobile components in an injunction proceeding concerning delivery of parts (“refusal to supply”)